What can you say that you’ve done for 100 days? Anything?
I’ve definitely went to sleep and thankfully woken up 100 days in a row. I’ve eaten food 100 days in a row. I’ve probably drank coffee 100 days in a row. Definitely have not done my hair, worn make up, or looked presentable for 100 days in a row. [Sorry, world.] Some days I just prefer to wear yoga pants and claim that “i’m working out later…” Eh, yeah.
So here’s the deal. I’m challenging myself to 100 days of healthy living. Sound like a broad statement? It is. I’ll be the first to admit that I do great with my eating and workout routines Monday through Thursday. But…hit me with a Friday happy hour + a Saturday night out + a sluggish Sunday by the pool and I’m feeling less than rejuvenated on Monday mornings. I start over and the sick cycle repeats.
I’m sure that some of you can relate, yes? I thought so.
Before you get all fired up and think that I’m crazy…I want you to know that during this challenge I will not be:
- Giving up my Friday happy hours, Saturday nights out, or Sundays by the pool
- Starting a fad diet/ taking out everything that tastes good
- Eating only plants or lemon juice concoctions
- Preaching to you about what to eat and when to eat it and how many miles I ran each day [shutttt uppp any of you that do that]
However- I would like to share with you:
- The clever swaps and alternatives that I come up with over the 100 days
- How I fit in 30 minutes [minimum] of activity each day
- How to eat healthy in an affordable way. I’m single. I cook for me. I eat leftovers. I go out to dinner. These 100 days will be no different.
- The fact that I will grant myself 3 cheat meals a weak. 21 meals in a week + snacks. 3 of these meals can be “cheat” meals. Don’t argue and just go with it.
- Progress – because isn’t that what this is all about anyway?
I’m not sure that anyone realizes it- but 100 days from today takes us to the beginning of November- already! Seriously. Holidays are right around the corner. I also have a birthday coming up way too soon. And fall weddings to attend. I
want to be will be fit and fancy and fab for all of that.
Where you come in:
If you are feeling like me- tired of starting over week after week- try this challenge out with me! Let’s do it together- motivating each other along the journey. Think of it like this. Tomorrow is July 29. 100 days ago it was the end of April. I feel like April was literally a second ago. What if we started this then? We’d be done by now. It goes by much faster than you think. [Cue Kenny Chesney "Don't Blink"....]
If you’d like to join me on this 100 day journey to health- here are the “rules”
- 30 minutes minimum of activity every single day. You can break it up into two 15 minute segments if you must. The goal is consistent exercise and to never feel like you are “starting over on Monday”. If you absolutely need to take a day off- be sure to put in an hour on another day of the week. Non negotiable.
- Healthy food choices throughout the week. Aim for as many whole and clean foods as possible. Limit added sugars. I’ll be presenting some of my meal plans and dishes- but I want this to be your healthy regimen, not mine. Eat the healthy things that you like and keep track of them.
- Allow yourself three cheat meals throughout the week. 21 meals a week + snacks — save three of them for that slice of pizza you want for lunch or eggs benedict you are craving for breakfast or ice cream you are dreaming about for
dinnerdessert. Life should be nutritious and delicious, after all.
- Be accountable. Take notes on what you are eating. Plan your workouts the night before. Keep at it!
- Track your progress. Whether it be through weighing in, before and after photos, measurements, etc…
While there is no way for me to really know who is following the rules and who is not… I plan to send prizes out to those who are most active via comments on my blog, emails directly to me [firstname.lastname@example.org] or comments and pictures on Instagram! [Be sure to tag #efo100] I will take notice of those who send in photos of their latest healthy recipe, food swap, workout of the day, motivating story, etc. Let me know how you are doing!
Finally – if you are interested in joining the challenge- please comment below to let me know or email email@example.com
Alright, enough rambling. Let’s do this, okay?