Did you see Starbucks has a new line of vanilla drinks out? I usually don’t get flavored lattes — but if I do, I’m going Vanilla. [or an unseasonal Peppermint Mocha on a hot day in July because I’m weird like that]
Actually, I’ve learned that if you ask nicely enough they almost ALWAYS seem to have the flavors for the seasonal offerings– they are just hidden away in cabinets. Hey, if you want a Caramel Brulee Cappucino in April or a Gingerbread Latte in June– by all means, treat yourselves.
[ See what happens when you are nice to your barista- they draw hearts in your coffee] It’s the little things for me.
Or scratch the whole coffee house experience and make one at home! It’s easy, really.
Cinnamon Vanilla Latte
You will need: [Recipe makes two lattes]
- 1 Cup of strong coffee or espresso
- 2 Cups of milk of your choice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks + extra ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice
Until I get one of the espresso pots that I want — I just use my French Press: brew some extra strong coffee. Want to add some extra zing? Sprinkle some ground cinnamon in with your coffee grinds before brewing. You now have cinnamon infused coffee! Look at you go! Forget how to brew with a French Press? Here you go!
Simmer your milk, vanilla extra, and cinnamon sticks in a sauce pan until very hot, not boiling. I do not prefer any sweetener but feel free to add some sugar, splenda, agave, etc.
Take your milk off the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks and vigorously whisk or get out your stick blender [my Favorite Kitchen Gadget] and carefully froth the milk.
Pour the hot coffee into two mugs, and then pour the warmed, frothy milk on top. Voila! Savor your own cup and deliver the other one to someone special and deserving of a homemade latte. It really says, ” I love you, a latte!”
Sorry, I had to.
Thanks to my awesome friends at Peanut Butter & Co. – I am going to give away THREE delicious jars of peanut butter to a reader.
- Send me your favorite recipe that uses peanut butter and include which flavor of Peanut Butter & Co you would incorporate into the recipe.
- I will use the recipe that I like the most for a post next week AND send the winner three jars of their favorite flavor.
- These do not have to be your own personal recipes [I would like them to be!], just be sure to send me a link to one that you like and which Peanut Butter & Co flavor that you would use!
- Recipes can be left as a comment here or on the Eggs, Flour, and Oil Facebook page, or you can email them to me at Eggs.Flour.Oil@gmail.com
I would make this peanut butter cake, using The Bee’s Knees: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/03/how-you-can-get-pregnant-from-eating.html
This is my favorite non-chocolate cake, and it’s always a BIG hit.
awesome thank you!!! 🙂
These buckeyes using Smooth Operator! http://erincooks.com/peanut-butter-bon-bons/
I am so glad you forgot to take the jar of cinnamon raisin swirl ! I’ll return the empty jar to you!